Dr. Ebi Nikjoo is offering a special deal for Invisalign treatment to Rush49 members.
To reach Dr. Nikjoo, please contact him at 310-208-8551
Dr. Ebi Nikjoo DDS is currently a part time Clinical Instructor at the University of Southern California School of Dentistry. He is a Graduate of USC School of Dentistry. Prior to studying at Dental School, he attended and concluded his undergraduate studies at UCLA with honors. After graduating from dental school, he set out to change the tired and old image of dentistry by making the visit to the dentist relaxing and comfortable experience. He has a deep passion for dentistry and has always been on the cutting edge of the ever changing field. His participation in countless continuing education courses and his close affiliation with USC’s Dental School has kept him abreast of the latest techniques. Although he enjoys all aspects of dentistry his main passion is cosmetic dentistry where he can truly practice the art he has devoted his life to. He enjoys getting to know every one of his patients and is a firm believer of treating everyone with the upmost respect and compassion. Dr. Nikjoo practices from two locations (Westwood & Tarzana)
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a method to straighten teeth by wearing sets of clear plastic aligners. It is an invisible alternative to traditional ceramic or metal braces, and is suitable for teens and adults. The Invisalign aligners are changed approximately every two weeks. Each set of aligners puts different pressure on different teeth at different stages during treatment. The aligners are worn constantly except to eat and brush teeth.
How does Invisalign work?
The treatment process for Invisalign is basically as follows:
- You go to your dentist and they take rubber impressions of your teeth, along with photos of your teeth at different angles. These are sent to Invisalign.
- Invisalign develops a 3D computer model of your teeth ‘as is’.
- Invisalign works with your dentist to develop a similar 3D computer model of how you teeth should be, and also the actual path that your teeth must move in order to move from the starting position to the ending position. This animation is known as the ‘clincheck’, and you will usually get a copy of it to watch on your own computer.
- Your teeth can safely move approximately 0.25mm every 2 weeks, so they take snapshots of your teeth during the animation at 2 weekly intervals. Invisalign makes plastic moulds (aligners) to represent these snapshots, so the end result is a customized sequence of plastic moulds to go from the current position of your teeth to the perfect position.
- You wear each plastic aligner for 2 weeks before discarding it, and your teeth gradually change position according to your ClinCheck. You have regular appointments with your dentist to ensure that your teeth are moving according to the treatment plan.
- At the end of the treatment duration, your teeth should be straight!
Call 310-208-8551 to schedule a free consultation with Dr. Ebi Nikjoo
You may also check out the deals that Dr. Nikjoo is running with Rush49 here.